The Mohammed V Foundation for Solidarity was established and inaugurated by His Majesty King Mohammed VI in 1999. It was recognized as a public utility entity under a Decree issued on 21 Rabi I, 1420 H/5 July, 1999. Guided by its motto “Ready to help the needy”, it has been involved, jointly with other social players, in the fight against poverty.
The Mohammed V Foundation for Solidarity enjoys consultative status at the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
Fields of action:
- Humanitarian field: relief to victims of natural disasters, providing food support especially during the holy month of Ramadan, welcoming and attending to Moroccan nationals living abroad, supporting NGO programs.
- Reaching out to vulnerable people: launching or fitting out social work centers, centers for the advancement of women, hostels and boarding houses for children and homes for the elderly, hostels for young girls, student hostels, facilities to attend to the handicapped and to provide for their training and their integration, sports complexes and other facilities for coaching and for supervising young people involved in social and cultural activities, building health care centers and providing equipment for public hospitals …
- Sustainable development: improving basic infrastructure, literacy, informal education, vocational training, developing activities and setting up sustainable income generating units, particularly for women in rural areas.
- Support to NGOs: Providing financial and logistical support for NGOs sharing the Foundation’s objectives and values.
PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS CARRIED OUT SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE FOUNDATION UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR 2015
- Construction of 684 community centers for children, people with disabilities, women, girls and the youth;
- Launch of 198 sustainable development projects and programs;
- Development of 105 training programs and 61 social engineering programs for associations;
- Activation of 83 humanitarian intervention actions and programs;
- Construction of 25 dispensaries, hospitals and socio-medical facilities;
- Equipment of 65 regional or provincial hospitals;
- Contribution to 570 medical assistance actions in rural and peri-urban areas;
- Ramadan Operation (17th Edition) ;
- Marhaba Operation (16th Edition).
A TOTAL OF 5.7 MILLION BENEFICIARIES
- 15,300 youth were accepted to attend the programs within vocational training and professional qualification centers;
- 9,103 girls and students were welcomed into the residences and boarding schools;
- 89,400 children and youth are supported in terms of education, culture and sports;
- 6,000 women benefited from the services of the socio-educational and training centers;
- 159,746 people benefited from sustainable development programs (income generating activities, microcredit, support tocraftsmen, rural hostels, women’s cooperatives, water supply, electrification, etc.);
- 658,245 deprived people benefited from the actions of medical and solidarity caravans;
- 6,104 people with disabilities are monitored annually within specialized centers;
- 14,897 people benefited from a socio-medical operation;
- 2.3 million people (widows, elderly people, people with disabilities…) received food support mainly during the month of Ramadan;
- Close to 2,474,348 Moroccans living abroad benefited from welcoming services, 80,266 of which were provided with assistance for administrative issues, transportation, repatriation of bodies, as well as for medical assistance during the summer season.
5,147 BILLIONS OF PLEDGED FOR PROJECTS ACHIEVED OR UNDERWAY since the Foundation’s creation